The Strep A Test by The Tester is a quick and easy test designed to detect the presence of Group A streptococcal bacteria (Streptococcus pyogenes) from a throat swab. This bacterium is responsible for various conditions, including scarlet fever, necrotizing fasciitis, and septic shock. This test is crucial for distinguishing bacterial throat infections from viral ones, allowing for appropriate treatment decisions.
- Reliable (CE Certified)
- Rapid results
- Orders placed on business days are delivered the next day
Who is the Strep A Test for?
The Strep A Test is beneficial for anyone looking to determine the cause of a sore throat, especially when symptoms suggest a bacterial infection. It is a vital tool for avoiding unnecessary antibiotic use and choosing the right treatment.
Why should I use the Strep A Test?
This test provides a quick way to ascertain if a sore throat is caused by the Strep A bacteria, which is essential for selecting the correct treatment and preventing more severe health issues caused by this bacterium.
For more information, such as instructions for use or test reliability, please see the sections below titled ‘Reliability’, ‘Instructions for Use’, and ‘Test Kit Contents’.
The Strep A Test boasts high reliability in terms of sensitivity and specificity and is CE certified.
- Sensitivity = 97%
- Specificity = 97%
Instructions for Use
- Open the package and remove the test strip and necessary materials.
- Place these on a clean, flat surface.
- Take a throat swab with the included sterile cotton swab.
- Mix the swab with the provided test solution.
- Insert the test strip into the mixture.
- Read the result after 5 to 10 minutes.
- Consult the enclosed instructions for complete guidance and the most accurate result.
Test Kit Contents
The test kit contains all the necessary materials to conduct the test:
- Instruction manual
- Test strip
- Sterile cotton swab
- Sterile wooden tongue depressor
- Dropper bottles with extraction fluid
- Empty extraction tube
- Foam tube rack
- Follow the instructions closely for the best result.